MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Beautiful places & moments around the world

View Single Post

Old 10-09-2012, 08:11 AM   #1088
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beautiful places & moments around the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
Sharbat Gula
When journalist Steve McCurry of National Geographic clicked this young Afghan girl, then a
refugee in Pakistan, she created a stir… they weren’t human. They looked like those of a
frightened animal’s. But possibly the most famous green eyes ever

Legend.

I see courage, fear, caution, suspicion, anger, loathing, angst, alertness, and yes a smile, all rolled in one image. Each time a different image. And it is more than an individual's image. She speaks for Afghanistan and its suffering, how she must have held herself from even pouncing at the photographer (how Afghan's feel about the west). You can sense her warrior-spirit inside. The tattered clothes. The green eyes. Could just go on and on... The number of emotions she's holding inside her... amazing.

Puts Monalisa into the shadows. Wait, did I just see her breathe? I think so.
“What a fate: to be condemned to work for a firm where the slightest negligence at once gave rise to the gravest suspicion! Were all the employees nothing but a bunch of scoundrels, was there not among them one single loyal devoted man who, had he wasted only an hour or so of the firm's time in the morning, was so tormented by conscience as to be driven out of his mind and actually incapable of leaving his bed?”
- G.S; before his inevitable demise

Last edited by Roger the Dodger : 10-09-2012 at 08:17 AM.
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote