MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 2012 MTF Top 10 Favourite Retired Players (Marat wins 3rd consecutive time)

View Single Post

Old 10-08-2012, 02:11 PM   #143
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2012 MTF Top 10 Favourite Retired Players (4th update in post #110)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
Never in doubt that Safin is winning this, lol. I'm just surprised that Borg is ranked so low (11) . I guess too many young guys who never had a chance to watch his matches.
it's clear that the poll hugely favours players from the 90s and 00s (for the latter : the ones who don't play anymore) because of the age of MTF members.

McEnroe is only just ahead of Borg in the poll despite playing until much later (Borg really stopped in 1981, his later "come-backs" were jokes), and despite, in the opinion of many ones, being much more entertaining (Borg was a huge star and hugely respected but his game was often not entertaining, and even, let's say it all, boring ).

Last edited by duong : 10-08-2012 at 02:16 PM.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote