MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - WORLDTOUR FINALS ◄vs► GRAND SLAMS

View Single Post

Old 10-08-2012, 01:37 PM   #56
country flag Featherer

Featherer has a reputation beyond reputeFeatherer has a reputation beyond reputeFeatherer has a reputation beyond reputeFeatherer has a reputation beyond reputeFeatherer has a reputation beyond reputeFeatherer has a reputation beyond reputeFeatherer has a reputation beyond reputeFeatherer has a reputation beyond reputeFeatherer has a reputation beyond reputeFeatherer has a reputation beyond reputeFeatherer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ►►WORLDTOUR FINALS◄◄ vs ►►GRAND SLAMS◄◄

@Finishingmove:
I added the following section to post #1:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherer View Post

RoundRobin:
Although not being it's only purpose the RoundRobin format makes the WTF somewhat like an exhibition for the Top 8 players of the Tennis sport. That's a good thing this far,
on the other hand it often makes the qualifying process for the semifinals quite obscure and not totally fair for the players. F.i. the player who plays the very last match of a group often has an advantage in information, knows exactly how many sets and games he has to win in order to advance and/or their direct opponent is already out or qualified, and so on.
(Moreover, in case one player in a group wins all 3 matches a scenario can occur, when another player can advance to the semifinals by winning only 1 of 3 matches.)
Featherer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote