MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Tokyo F: Nishikori bagels Raonic 7-6(5) 3-6 6-0

View Single Post

Old 10-07-2012, 10:43 PM   #149
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tokyo F: Nishikori bagels Raonic 7-6(5) 3-6 6-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by justafanYYC View Post
The Japanese crowd is so polite! They even wait for the English translation before they applaud!
Hopefully this will pave the way for more tournaments in Japan. The people are so classy and the economy very strong. If Nishi can reach top 10 (*touch wood*) Japan might develop some 250s and maybe even a 1000, which would be wonderful for the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirata. View Post

Hopefully in a couple years we will see these two in a GS final.
A post from you that I agree with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Serving could be key especially for an attacking player. You wonder if Fed would have continued to stay at the top of the game with these super-fit grinders if he couldn't serve his way to cheap points.

Raonic has enough ground game and talent to win return games. I like Kei but not sure if he can win cheap points on serve and also he can be erratic sometimes still. I hope they both get to the top though.
Times have changed. Courts are slow enough for big servers to get overwhelmed by big returners. Ferrer is having his best year at the age of 30 while Isner and Karlovic are moving backwards.

Nishi's biggest weakness will be his long term fitness. He hasn't spent more than 12 months without getting a serious injury. Recovering from long lay-offs will always be a problem.
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote