MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 2012 MTF Top 10 Favourite Retired Players (Marat wins 3rd consecutive time)

View Single Post

Old 10-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #139
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2012 MTF Top 10 Favourite Retired Players (4th update in post #110)

Doris, I vaguely remember having posted before in this thread, but after your kind invitation I couldn't resist perhaps posting again. There might well be some changes since the former time I posted, there are just too many great players of whom I have fond memories.

Okay, here goes:

1. Arthur Ashe - my first memory of watching tennis on the telly, as a wee kiddie. Great player, and an even greater humanitarian. Didn't deserve his dreadful untimely death at all.

2. Stefan Edberg -the ultimate S/V player and a genuine gentleman.

3. Jimmy Connors - my favourite 'bad guy'. Interchangeable with Johnny Mac, btw.

4. Bjorn Borg - ultimate Ice Man.

5. Yannick Noah - passionate and entertaining.

6. Younes el Aynaoui - same reasons.

7. Ivan Lendl - surprise surprise, the guy 'everyone hated' back in his best years. It was good to see him play that oldies tournament recently in my country! He gave some rather amusing interviews as well.

8. Ivan ljubicic - the formerly 'elderly statesman' of tennis.

9. Jan Siemerink - if only for having a positive h2h against the GOAT.

10. Fernando Gonzales - the Hand of Stone, and never to forget, his hilarious bouts of bad sportsmanship.

Honorary mentionings: Vitas Gerulaitis, Fabrice Santoro, Gustavo Guga, and perhaps a couple of others who I can't remember how to spell their names right now.
The list is subject to change at any given moment.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote