MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Is Nishikori the highest ranked player with no haters on MTF?!!

View Single Post

Old 10-07-2012, 03:33 PM   #38
country flag DanaKz

DanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Nishikori the highest ranked player with no haters on MTF?!!

I really think he doesn't have haters because he never was hyped. Nobody ever claimed him "next best thing" who will win majors. Nobody ever said he is "Future No.1" like it was for Raonic, Tomic and Harrison. English-speaking media never fussed about him (of course, I know, Japanese press is another story, af far as I know they even made a non-fiction film about him)

Mostly all over his career he was "Project 45", and his fans never irritated others with continuous "OMG, here begins his glorious GOATness" (Mostly because his fans lived through one year without him and can call a week successful if Kei didn't injured again.

I can admit, I HATE hype. And I can start dislike young gun only because of hype: it's so irritating.