MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Chick-fil-A brand rating drops 30+ points after boycott of company.

View Single Post

Old 10-06-2012, 08:56 PM   #6
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chick-fil-A brand rating drops 30+ points after boycott of company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
I don't think we have them in Canada. But perception means little. It is sales that matter.

But I was interested to see that they were miles ahead of other fast foods in perception, before the present situation. So they must have a good product. Eventually the public will put the real good taste of the chicken before the figurative bad taste left by the owner's charitable donations. I doubt if the taste of the chicken has changed.

Only sales figures matter and I would be surprised if they have dropped significantly.
Brand rating matters in the sense that businesses want to associate with companies who will give them the most bang for their buck. A company with CFA's baggage will lose support from businesses that would add to the company because businesses won't want to associate with bigots and more importantly, they won't want to risk backlash.

CFA also has been basically run out of town in Chicago, Boston, have seen major loss in WEHO and could see their NYU operation removed from the premises. CFA will never go national. They've basically assured they will always be a predominantly Southern company.

People who started eating at CFA due to their moral stance will, if they haven't already, go back to their normal routines, if it didn't include CFA. Sales aren't down at all..........they've actually been up in many places, especially during Chick-fil-A appreciation day created by anti-gay Republican, Mike Huckabee. Millions have been making a point to eat there. But the damage to the brand will eventually show itself. It's going to be a long-term process.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote