MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Honest assessment of Novak's year by his fans

View Single Post

Old 10-06-2012, 11:12 AM   #211
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Honest assessment of Novak's year by his fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
It was a good year, but I'll wait till it's over to make some final statements. If Nole finishes as #1, which is all I want atm, life is good. the only bad taste in my mouth is when he lost to Rafa at RG. Nole had a momentum and it was gone when it started raining. Also, he should've won that first set against Murray at the USO, but he was too casual and cost him the match at the end. well, kudos to Muzza, I'm the first one who is against should've, would've, could've but I just can't help it.
What?! He only got the momentum because the weather turned and conditions became bad. He was losing 2 sets and a break before the bad weather and even when they stopped play Nadal was up 2 sets to 1 and down a single break early in the fourth so it's hardly like Novak was close to winning that match and deserved to win it. Nadal had a FAR better tournament in every aspect - didn't lose a set on clay ALL season until that match and that was when the conditions favoured Novak rather than Nadal by a fair margin. Nadal dominated good claycourt players like Ferrer whilst Novak nearly lost to Tsonga. So really, though I get Novak fans being sad that he missed out on the chance of 4 in a row, they can't in all honesty say Novak would have been more deserving of that title than Nadal. Nadal was comfortably the best on clay this season. Novak was, and should be, very happy to get to his first final.
Ash86 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote