MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

View Single Post

Old 10-06-2012, 09:31 AM   #762
country flag romismak

romismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
And that's not what ATP/ITF wants.

But anyway, I think slow HCs should be banned, they destroy players' bodies. HCs should be at least medium-paced, that would shorten rallies, thus be less damaging for body. Anyway, I once calculated the ratios of different surfaces on the tour:

CL:34 %
H:31 %
IH:26 %
G:9 %

So, if we lived in an ideal world where clay would be slow, HC medium-paced, and indoors and grass fast, we'd have about 1/3 on clay, hc, and grass+indoors. But if we weighed those tournaments by points available (GS=8 250s), the ratios would be as follows:

CL:30 %
H:39 %
IH:21 %
G:10 %

So, HCs are dominating in the higher tournament levels. So if I could affect on surfaces, I'd reduce no. of outdoor HC events so that 1/3 of points available would come from slow clay, medium-paced outdoor HCs, and fast grass+indoor HC/carpet. That would be fair for all styles of play, and possibly bring more variety to tennis.
Pretty much agree with you, we don´t need carpet indoors, just HC there should be quicker, lower bouncing at least

Outdoor HC - should have some variety from slower to faster, but generally medium paced is good - outdoors HC should be faster than clay visibly, but we can have some variety from slower HC to quicker like Cinci, but not so slow - and so many like here.

Clay should be slow, no such experimets like ultra fast blue stuff in Madrid

Grass well - should be quicker, but the fact is with todayn´s baseliners it is impossible to make it with grass itself - i mean if they go back to old grass at Wimby it would be destroyed much much sooner than right now, so best solution there is just use lighter balls at Wimby
romismak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote