MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

View Single Post

Old 10-06-2012, 08:02 AM   #760
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooza2011 View Post
Yeah I think those two would occasionally win a big tournament. That's about it though.
And that's not what ATP/ITF wants.

But anyway, I think slow HCs should be banned, they destroy players' bodies. HCs should be at least medium-paced, that would shorten rallies, thus be less damaging for body. Anyway, I once calculated the ratios of different surfaces on the tour:

CL:34 %
H:31 %
IH:26 %
G:9 %

So, if we lived in an ideal world where clay would be slow, HC medium-paced, and indoors and grass fast, we'd have about 1/3 on clay, hc, and grass+indoors. But if we weighed those tournaments by points available (GS=8 250s), the ratios would be as follows:

CL:30 %
H:39 %
IH:21 %
G:10 %

So, HCs are dominating in the higher tournament levels. So if I could affect on surfaces, I'd reduce no. of outdoor HC events so that 1/3 of points available would come from slow clay, medium-paced outdoor HCs, and fast grass+indoor HC/carpet. That would be fair for all styles of play, and possibly bring more variety to tennis.

Stan Wawrinka
2014 Australian Open Champion | 2014 Monte Carlo Masters Champion

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
2008 Paris Masters Champion | 2014 Toronto Masters Champion
August is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote