MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

View Single Post

Old 10-06-2012, 07:03 AM   #755
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

I agree fully with what Mark Lenders has said here. Variety is the key to having an interesting tour. All courts play mostly the same right now, which indeed allows players to just play the same every tournament.

Personally, I've had it with the big 4. I wish someone else would step up and win a slam, or heck a masters even. It would be way more fun if the numer of title contenders was more than the usual suspects. I take Berdych' comments seriously when he said that the larger prizes are only for a few (big 4). I find the idea that the big 4 is so dominant because of court homogenization to be an appealing one, and I sincerely hope this changes.
Jverweij is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote