MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 2012 Live Commentary

View Single Post

Old 10-06-2012, 05:00 AM   #1580
country flag philosophicalarf

philosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2012 Live Commentary

Murray last two seasons is 72% in tiebreaks, more than Isner, or Federer.

Doing just enough here, but only just. Ultimately it doesn't really matter too much whether he wins or loses - a loss might even be better for him, with Shanghai coming up, and a heavy schedule the next few weeks.

You can see that in his performance, all a little bit autopilot. No feel on return in particular, very sluggish. None of that razor sharp tactical discipline of their US Open meeting either, he's basically just hitting whatever comes to mind, letting the cards fall as they will. Occasionally the impetus of big points has spurred him on, but most of the time it's a bit lacklustre.

Raonic has been excellent though, 67% first serve of course is going to be evil on these courts, and he dealt with the breakpoint well (although I doubt he makes that shot 1 in 10 times!). That i/out forehand has been brutal also, and I'm liking the netgame too. Slight criticism of his first serve return though, as usual.
philosophicalarf is offline View My Blog!