MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Nole and Almagro Doing a Gangnam Style dance xD

View Single Post

Old 10-05-2012, 11:20 PM   #86
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nole and Almagro Doing a Gangnam Style dance xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jverweij View Post
seriously this ticks you off? why so bitter man?
I couldnt care less about this whole Gangnam fad, but I really like seeing a more humane side of the players, especially from Almagro.

As I've said before, I miss the Nole who did impersonations of others, that was fun. I find it a little petty that some of the players got offended by that tbh.
I agree it was fun, but it was never going to be permanent. For one, stuff you do at age 19-20 is no longer 'cute' when you're older. I mean this in a broad sense, not just relating to Nole. There's a time and place for everything, but evolving and changing are also part of life.

Also, he is more intimidating now, and that helps him be at the top & win slams. He could never have the same aura if he continued to be the jester. Part of that is about how others perceive him and part of it is how he perceives himself. A lot of his success after the first half of 2011 is just due to the fear other players have of him, of the Nole who went on a six-month winning rampage.

He's still fun and funny, just in a different way. He had to leave certain things behind (as we all do).