MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Rafael Nadal Injury/Health Update Thread : Nadal confirmed for Viña del Mar

View Single Post

Old 10-05-2012, 12:49 AM   #508
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafael Nadal Injury/Health Update Thread : Spanish Press: Nadal not in DC etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalfusion View Post
How is that embarrassing? It happens all the time time with people in the real world sometimes out of affection and sometimes just playfully. His winnings and skill don't impact whether someone wants to call him a kid.
We may well disagree on this matter, but I just cannot accept any a multi-millionaire sportsman still to be viewed as a 'kid' when being 26 years of age, and, moreover - already a genuine, regarded, heralded, multiple GS-winner and veteran after over 10 years of competeting at the ultmate top level at his sport. I think such is indeed embarrassing, if not right-out insulting.

It's his rather ghastly crew surrounding him that keeps on pushing this image of him being some kind of an innocent, ultimately vulnerable 'kid' - and yes I do hope Rafa will get rid of them - most notably that Tio Toni guy -one day, hopefully that day will come soon enough.
Just my opinion.

Good to read that he may well be back to compete at the WTF this year. Here's me hoping that indeed he will - the year-end-battle should not be without one of the major players indeed holding a GS title over this year.
Hope to see you around at the WTF this year Rafa, and if possible, even before that.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 10-05-2012 at 01:46 AM.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!