MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The "Who plays tennis?" thread

View Single Post

Old 10-04-2012, 06:16 PM   #63
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Who plays tennis?" thread

I play tennis only veeery occasionally (few times in a summer), as most of my friends don't play tennis, at least more than occasionally.

Anyway, I'm not the fittest guy. So keeping the points short is important for me. But the problem is that I lack the weapons to keep the points short. So I end up pushing and moonballing... until the opponent hits a short ball forcing me long inside baseline. Then I try to hit an agressive shot and finish that point on net. Obviously my volleying isn't too bad for as bad player as me, so I sometimes try to S&V, I just don't have enogh powerful serve.

I used to have two-handed backhand. I sometimes tried one-handed BH, but it was terrible. Then, I once played with a heavier racquet. My forehand improved a lot, and I started using that racquet from then. Then I once again tried one-handed BH, its motion just feels more natural for me. And with that heavier racquet, I had no problems with 1H BH. And I've had 1H BH since then.

I don't know which surface is better for me, fast or slow? Fast court would allow me to keep points short more easily. On the other hand, slow court suits better for a weaponless pusher, but points end up being longer. So, maybe fast court would be better if I had more poverful shots.

Stan Wawrinka
2014 Australian Open Champion | 2014 Monte Carlo Masters Champion

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
2008 Paris Masters Champion | 2014 Toronto Masters Champion
August is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote