MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 3 Weeks In Asia (Asian Season 2012) - Shanghai

View Single Post

Old 10-04-2012, 02:06 PM   #47
country flag Schu

Schu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 Weeks In Asia (Asian Season 2012) - Beijing

Unfortunately I was up Very late working and half watching this match. I pretty much expected this, Richard often plays poorly the week after going far in a tournament (hard to get to top 10 that way...).

We'll see which Richard shows up next week, the aggressive fighter of last week or the passive, moonballer of today but it is almost as if Richard does not want to be top 10. He had a chance to move up if he won a few rounds but instead he looked as if he really did not want to win. He stepped up his game in the second set after a sad first set but then as if to say oh no I might win, reverted back to his passive game and let Zhang walk all over him which he did quite well.

Zhang came in fired up and ready to play in front of his home crowd; Richard came in just wanting to get the match over. Was nice comment from Richard after match, not focusing on how out if it he was that match but rather on Zhang's good play.

And wasn't that Perye, Richard's old coach, now coaching Zhang - that probably messed with Richard's head too.

REst up Richard and come back fired up to play next week!
Schu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote