MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Shanghai withdrawals

View Single Post

Old 10-04-2012, 01:43 PM   #97
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shanghai withdrawals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
technically yes, he gains points

but he isn't defending all three of basel, paris and year end championships

as i have said many times before, the year end no 1 is djokovic's to lose

and rightly so, he has been the most consistent player of 2012

federer should be content with his wimbledon, his medal, and his newly acquired weeks at no 1
In case you didn't know, I can tell you that top athletes are not defeatists. Federer will not have resigned himself to accepting that Murray is unbeatable in Shanghai, nor that Djokovic inevitably will become YE #1. Sure, both things might happen. But they are not certainties. Would you have a top player simply give up just because the odds weren't in his favor? What kind of attitude is that? I want Federer to be YE #1, but not because Djokovic suddenly decides he'd rather have a three month holiday. I want him to earn it. And if he tries and fails, fine, more power to Djokovic.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote