MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Beijing R2: Youzhny def. Anderson 6-3 6-3

View Single Post

Old 10-04-2012, 08:06 AM   #2
country flag seljanin

seljanin has a reputation beyond reputeseljanin has a reputation beyond reputeseljanin has a reputation beyond reputeseljanin has a reputation beyond reputeseljanin has a reputation beyond reputeseljanin has a reputation beyond reputeseljanin has a reputation beyond reputeseljanin has a reputation beyond reputeseljanin has a reputation beyond reputeseljanin has a reputation beyond reputeseljanin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beijing R2: Youzhny def. Anderson 6-3 6-3

I watched this match. Youzhny was clearly the better player today. He could have broken first at 2:1* in 1st set, but missed breakpoint due to a small brainfart by not smashing an easy ball and letting it pass him to land about 1m inside the baseline. Anderson held, and Youzhny saved 3 (I think) break points in the next game. Then Youzhny broke to love, and that was it for the 1st set. In the 2nd set all three first games were breaks of serve, so Youzhny got in front quickly and didn't have much trouble of leading it to a routine win. Really good match by him, and Anderson had some problems with handling Youzhny's slice from both sides, lost quite a few key points due to this.

F. Mayer/M/Youzhny/F. Fognini/J. Nieminen/L. Rosol/G. Muller/D. Brands/I. Sijsling/K. de Schepper/L. Hewitt/J. Zopp/M. Berrer/I. Karlovic/F. Nielsen/C. Guccione

S. Querrey/J. Janowicz/F. Lopez/B. Baker/R. Harrison/L. Kubot/S. Darcis/D. Meffert/M. Przysiezny/H. Podlipnik-Castillo/A. Olivetti/A. Bogdanovic/P. Oswald/A. Juška/V. Ivanov/R. Bloomfield/N. Rosenzweig
seljanin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote