MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Toni: "When facing Roger the idea was always to slow down the points"

View Single Post

Old 10-04-2012, 06:35 AM   #52
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Toni: "When facing Roger the idea was always to slow down the points"

Quote:
Originally Posted by manadrainer View Post
Baldenko still has winning record against Rafa, roddick retired with a winning record against Djokovic. Blake, mugzalez kicked Rafa's ass, and I'm not buying your "he was just a teen back then" (which btw he wasn't when he was straight-setted by mugzalez). Rafa has been a grand slam champion since 2005, if the field was so weak and with his record against Fed, he should have won calendar grand slams from 2005 to 2007, which he didn't and got his ass kicked in gs quarterfinals in the supposed "weak era".

Also, your strong/Spartan era claims have definitely failed when a 31 y.o. past-prime Daddy Olderer got his #1 ranking back when his "Spartan rivals" are in their prime.

So in your words players don't have peaks/primes? Why wasn't Noserer winning slams at 18-20?

Once again you bring up an argument of how a particular player matched up against Nadal not in his prime. It has nothing to do with him. I am bringing up Federer's lack of competition on GS level. Were the guys I mentioned good? Yes. Were they ever a threat? No (apart from that AO semi in 2005). Thus the overinflated records of 10 slam finals in a row and 23GS semis in a row.

I asked Fedtards a legit question and I will repeat it:

Did he have a strong rival off clay during his dominant years (Roddicks/Hewitts/ don't count they are more like his personal jesters)?
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote