MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Toni: "When facing Roger the idea was always to slow down the points"

View Single Post

Old 10-04-2012, 06:01 AM   #47
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Toni: "When facing Roger the idea was always to slow down the points"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Never said anything like that, clown.

But H2H against his biggest rival, puts his entire tennis career into context. Noserer never had real competition and people trying to claim that 2003-2005 when mugs like Phillipousis/Johannson made slam finals, Grandpa Agassi still a slam threat and 2006-2007 (baby Nadal/Djoker not in prime, Blake/Baldenko/Robredo top 5 ) were strong eras are delusional.

The new generation of atheletes who can engage in brutal 50 stroke rallies without making an unforced error. Guys who can retrieve impossible shots and hit with 5000 rpm forehands. They are the future, not the ballerina archaic style of tennis Noserer used to succeed in weak era where he would face monsters like Gasquet and Grosjean in slam semis.
mate do you really have to spew this bile in every Nadal/Federer related thread? Do you feel like ClayDeath left a void that needed to be filled? Are you so insecure about Nadal's greatness that you have to discredit every single other player in the world?

Federer is good, Nadal is good. Nadal matches up good to Federer. End of discussion, stop acting like an infant.

OT: I actually enjoy Toni's honesty. Personally I would not resort to stalling tactics, but it worked out fine, so I can see why he would be proud of them.
Jverweij is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote