MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Rafael Nadal Injury/Health Update Thread : Nadal confirmed for Viña del Mar

View Single Post

Old 10-03-2012, 06:09 PM   #498
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafael Nadal Injury/Health Update Thread : Spanish Press: Nadal not in DC etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
I didn't want to intervene on that topic, but I really think that it's not Nadal himself who decided to post that but his agent Benito : all of that is part of the marketing process to make fans looking forward to Nadal's come back, that's very obvious (journalists know that : recently Tignor wrote "what Rafa (Benito) posted on facebook").

What Rafa feels personally, I don't know but it surely cannot be guessed through these facebook videos/pictures.
I think some updates are clearly Benito (his PR rep) but some are him - the trophy photo actually seems more likely to be him. Benito lives in Monte Carlo, not Mallorca. Can't imagine Nadal was told to take a photo of his shoes with the trophies in the background and then to send it to Benito to post - all a bit complicated really. Seems more likely he has to post something daily-ish to keep sponsors happy (since his Nike gear isn't being seen on the tennis courts) and so he combined the photo with an interesting location.

Some of the more spontaneous responses to fans also seem more likely to be him e.g. he said the other day that he was looking forward to playing Federer again - whereas some updates are clearly by others in his team. If anything I think the time off has meant he's using it more himself than just having it updated as a marketing exercise.
Ash86 is offline View My Blog!