MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Honest assessment of Novak's year by his fans

View Single Post

Old 10-03-2012, 11:40 AM   #72
country flag Shinoj
Banned!

Shinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Honest assessment of Novak's year by his fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash86 View Post
Yes but compare it to Nadal last year - RG champ, Monte Carlo Masters, Finals of Wimbledon, US Open, IW, Miami, Rome, Madrid - quite similar - Novak won 1 more Masters. Nadal's year was seen to be a real disappointment even though he made 7 finals in a row at one point...

As I said I think as Novak lost to all of the rest of the big 4 in big matches - in fact at each slam that they won they went through Novak - his year doesn't feel as gutting as Nadal's did where he beat everyone else, including Federer and Murray, but just kept losing to Djokovic. As I said, to me it's a great year. But I wondered what the true expectations of many fans were and if Novak not achieving either of his two big goals - gold medal and RG - was still a dampener.

I'm not sure him getting to RG this year should be touted that much given his struggles with clay giants like Seppi and Tsonga. Was an odd RG in that regard - Novak just didn't hit top gear all of clay season. Expect him to be better next year - no way should he struggle against Tsonga on that surface.

Its all good saying Novak's Aim was to win the Olympic Medal. But on Grass you need to be Fast and on the Go right from the start. It doesnt allow for the waiting game of Djokovic and Nadal...
Shinoj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote