MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Honest assessment of Novak's year by his fans

View Single Post

Old 10-03-2012, 01:40 AM   #45
country flag Roy Emerson

Roy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Honest assessment of Novak's year by his fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash86 View Post

My question is - how do his fans feel? I personally think this is a great year for Novak - he won a slam after all. But probably an opportunity missed with the non-CYGS chance, RG career slam chance, and golden slam chance. Were you expecting more from this year and has the "fightback" from the other 3 surprised you?
Similar to Roger's 2008 year. Good but not great year. The Serbian has started declining this year like Federer in 2008 and Nadal in 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Didn't he go further this year than any other year? He didn't win USO on first attempt either, luckily didn't have to wait very long
He won the USO on his third attempt. Maybe he will win RG on his third attempt? He is definitely better on the USO HC than on the RG clay where he only has one final. He won Wimbledon on his first attempt like at the AO. I think he will lose another RG final before finally winning there. Reminds me of Agassi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliSter
I think he is clear and big favorite on every slam bar wimbledon
The only slam where Djokovic is the favorite is at the AO.

Last edited by Roy Emerson : 10-03-2012 at 02:00 AM.
Roy Emerson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote