MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Honest assessment of Novak's year by his fans

View Single Post

Old 10-02-2012, 11:14 PM   #28
country flag Yolita

Yolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Honest assessment of Novak's year by his fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrust View Post
A very good year for Nole, but it should have been better. The thing that most annoyed me about his game was that it took him too long to play his near best in the finals of the French and USO finals. The same is true of the Wimby semi. Had the rain not stopped play, I think he would have won the FO final as Nadal seemed to be tired and depressed before the match was stopped. Novak needs better preperation before finals and other matches against Roger, Nadal and Murray. Also, Novak seemed emotionally inconsistant throughout the year, especially in the more important matches. Perhaps he put too much pressure on himself to perform as well as he did last year.
You read my thoughts... I think the pressure got to him... But he's a fast learner: this year he didn't let himself get burnt-out like last year and looks quite fresh and ready to go...Maybe next year he'll handle the pressure a little better and will be more stable emotionally... It's easy to forget how tough the competition is, not only from Roger, Rafa and Andy. Lots of other players have big games and want to claim some big scalps. It's not easy to stay at the top...and Nole seems to be managing quite well...