MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Honest assessment of Novak's year by his fans

View Single Post

Old 10-03-2012, 12:03 AM   #26
country flag thrust

thrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Honest assessment of Novak's year by his fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolita View Post
Also, having "come down to earth", as some put it, might release some pressure for next year. Andy will be the one battling with high expectations and Nole will be under the radar again. He may win RG next year, who knows?

But this season is not over, he may end the year as #1. That would be a pretty good follow-up to a fabulous season in 2011.
A very good year for Nole, but it should have been better. The thing that most annoyed me about his game was that it took him too long to play his near best in the finals of the French and USO finals. The same is true of the Wimby semi. Had the rain not stopped play, I think he would have won the FO final as Nadal seemed to be tired and depressed before the match was stopped. Novak needs better preperation before finals and other matches against Roger, Nadal and Murray. Also, Novak seemed emotionally inconsistant throughout the year, especially in the more important matches. Perhaps he put too much pressure on himself to perform as well as he did last year.
thrust is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote