MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Honest assessment of Novak's year by his fans

View Single Post

Old 10-02-2012, 11:15 PM   #25
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Honest assessment of Novak's year by his fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolita View Post
I agree with Seppi and Tsonga, Novak dropped the ball there. He lost his focus...But he came back and won both of those matches...

But do you remember his matches against Federer in Rome and Roland Garros? Great stuff. Especially the Roland Garros one. It was a great win, both mentally and tennis-wise.

Obviously we Nole fans expected more of Nole this year... impossible not to...but it was unrealistic. How can anybody be unhappy when our man has, so far, performed better than everybody else this year as well?
Federer was terrible in both those matches though so hard to judge Novak's level. He was nothing like a good Federer on clay and Federer himself struggled with Mahut and Goffin. As I said, think Nole had a great year and it's a good follow up to 2011. Just had to be a bit less than what some fans may have expected given the trajectory up to Aus 2012.

As for clay I don't think his level in 2012 was even as good as his 2009 clay level to be honest. He had flashes of brilliance - was pretty good in a lot of the Rome final and from midway through RG final. But it wasn't a constant level - a lot more UFEs than last year. Think next year will be easier without the non-calendar slam pressure.
Ash86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote