MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Honest assessment of Novak's year by his fans

View Single Post

Old 10-02-2012, 10:57 PM   #23
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Honest assessment of Novak's year by his fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTim View Post
What a terrible year

Australian Open, Miami Masters, Canada Masters, Final of the French and US Opens, Finals of Cincinnati, Rome and Monte Carlo Masters.

What a terrible year.
Yes but compare it to Nadal last year - RG champ, Monte Carlo Masters, Finals of Wimbledon, US Open, IW, Miami, Rome, Madrid - quite similar - Novak won 1 more Masters. Nadal's year was seen to be a real disappointment even though he made 7 finals in a row at one point...

As I said I think as Novak lost to all of the rest of the big 4 in big matches - in fact at each slam that they won they went through Novak - his year doesn't feel as gutting as Nadal's did where he beat everyone else, including Federer and Murray, but just kept losing to Djokovic. As I said, to me it's a great year. But I wondered what the true expectations of many fans were and if Novak not achieving either of his two big goals - gold medal and RG - was still a dampener.

I'm not sure him getting to RG this year should be touted that much given his struggles with clay giants like Seppi and Tsonga. Was an odd RG in that regard - Novak just didn't hit top gear all of clay season. Expect him to be better next year - no way should he struggle against Tsonga on that surface.
Ash86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote