MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - News and articles about David

View Single Post

Old 10-02-2012, 08:54 PM   #349
country flag Sophitia36

Sophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News and articles about David

David had to pull out of the China Open and also Shanghai because of illness. Don't know if the illness was already the reason for his performance against Benneteau, or if he was simply exhausted and caught a virus (usually it happens like this, they attack you when you're weakest!)

Well, in a way, it's probably for the best. I mean, I was really quite scared at the idea of him playing virtually every week and then having to lead the Spanish Davis Cup team in the final against the Czechs.

I really would like Spain to win that Davis Cup badly, because I think at last it would be an opportunity for David to be truly acknowledged... He's always been in Nadal's shadow, now if he can lead Spain to victory without him, he will certainly get a lot of credit. I don't necessarily think he's very interested in that, actually, but I would be happy to see his efforts rewarded with a little more recognition than he usually gets.

Get well soon Ferru, have a good rest and come back to us even stronger!
Sophitia36 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote