MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Most coveted record

View Single Post

Old 10-02-2012, 06:01 PM   #63
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Most coveted record

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
it was a joke actually , but no I hadn't heard it, I thought English speaking people always said "gender", didn't know they also used "sex" for that. In French yes we use the expression which you say.
I believe this use of the word is more common in England, less so in the US/Australia where they will probably use "gender" instead. Anyway, most slams would be a nice record to have. But as long as the current one stands, which I suppose it will for a really long time yet, there is some satisfaction in knowing that the queen of the court is, in fact, Court. Talk about being married to your work!
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote