MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Australian Open averts player boycott with increased prizemoney

View Single Post

Old 10-02-2012, 02:41 PM   #226
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Players threaten to boycott the AO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
Still I know that the French tennis federation said they were very concerned about that, as in next years they have to ensure in the meantime the building of the new Roland-Garros and the financements of the federation.

It's not only about corporates and sponsors.

I can understand if you say that the French tennis federation has too much money comparing to other federations and they should cut their programs as Tennis Australia will probably do, but don't make it sound as if it's only about sponsors.
No need to stick up for the federations. The ones that have Slams aren't poor at all, they can afford the upgrades to facilities. Not like the FFT can't get money from other sources as well, they have nothing to be crying about.

Yes, it's all of them involved. The players generate the revenue they deserve a greater share than what they get since they are the ones who bring all the money in and these people are riding on the back of that.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote