MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Rafachat - vol. 79. Who cares about the AO? SA slam to start very soon! Bamos!

View Single Post

Old 10-01-2012, 02:08 PM   #2486
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat - vol. 79. Rafa to win the WSOP next year! Bamos! :rocker2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
Well, not really. During the last couple of months, I've learned the hard way that focusing too much on vocabulary is not a good thing to do. Did you read my log? If you do you'll see what I'm talking about. I like Anki, it's a very useful tool but it's easy to become its slave if you go too fast because you have more and more words to review every day. If you get lazy one day you have twice more words the next day. It's a vicious circle, and I've gotten caught in it twice. At the moment though I'm all caught up with my reviews

And also, you have to have some source for the words, it's a bad idea to enter words from the dictionary or from a word list into Anki (like I used to do) just to fulfill the daily quota. Those words are three times harder to remember than words encountered in learning materials. So goals are best defined by "finish this grammar book", not "learn 1000 words".

By the way, I'm still studying Finnish too, or at least trying to. It's not going very quickly
I read your log when you first posted the link but haven't gone back since. But I do get that too much focus on vocab is not a good thing -think that applies to any language. Chinese students who learn English face the same problem. Their vocabulary is extensive but they have difficulty in putting it all together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildegirl05 View Post
She wishes she had a fraction of the acumen, enterprise, and statesmanship of the kaliagnar.
Negative. I do not recollect ever pining for those qualities. Perfectly content with their lack thereof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metis View Post
Hello!!! How's everyone?

More later this week...
Look who's back.
"Who ain't a slave? Tell me that. Well, then, however the old sea-captains may order me about—however they may thump and punch me about, I have the satisfaction of knowing that it is all right; that everybody else is one way or other served in much the same way— either in a physical or metaphysical point of view, that is; and so the universal thump is passed round, and all hands should rub each other's shoulder-blades, and be content." - Herman Melville, Moby Dick
tennizen is offline View My Blog!