MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson, etc.

View Single Post

Old 10-01-2012, 01:52 AM   #371
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

Sounded like a lot of drama in the tie b/w Italy and Australia . Can't wait for next year.

From tennishorts.com: http://www.tennishorts.com/2012/09/30/junior-jamboree-barcelona-or-bust-installment-6/

Quote:
On the boys’ front, I see the Italian players here — Gianluigi Quinzi and Filippo Baldi — showing promise. Quinzi was a given, but after the incredible battle Baldi had on Sunday with Harry Bourchier of Australia — losing the 3 hour, 6 minute match 4-6, 7-6 (2), 10-8 — you have to think he has the heart to keep on inserting himself into the junior game.

The Baldi and Bourchier match was better than many pro matches I’ve watched. These guys left it all out on the court and played with incredible passion.

Bourchier and Thanasi Kokkinakis — the Australian contingent — also look to be advancing. I really liked Bourchier’s serve. He hails from Tasmania, and his serve might be dubbed the Tasmanian Devil one day.

Kokkinakis has passed the Goran Ivanisevic or Marat Safin school of smashing rackets. When Kokkinakis and Bourchier lost their serve to go down 2-4 in the decisive third set of the doubles, Kokkinakis battered his poor racket.

The U.S. were the top seeds in the Davis Cup and placed third after beating France on the final day of action. Noah Rubin and Stefan Kozlov showed themselves to be solid, but not quite at the level of the four guys listed right above. I do like the maturity Kozlov’s shown in a couple of matches to rebound to take three-set wins. For a 14-year-old he’s quite poised, maybe a bit too self-assured. However, from a maturity point of view he seems to fit in well with the older boys.

As for Rubin, he’s made amazing progress in this first year of being totally on the junior international scene. However, he’s still short on experience and would probably be well-served if he didn’t jump ahead of himself in where he thinks he currently stands amongst his peers. He went into his match against Kokkinakis on Friday with strong self-belief, but as the Australian started to pick apart his game Rubin wore his frustration. As he gains more experience he’ll learn that it’s best not to show your opponent that he’s getting to you.

Tennis Account: https://twitter.com/ARhyneMoment
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/SapELee485
Rhyne's Picture Thread
Rhyne Williams FB Updates
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote