MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Grigor in Asia

Thread: Grigor in Asia
View Single Post

Old 09-29-2012, 06:23 PM   #52
country flag nadejda

nadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grigor in Asia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
Thanks, it was an interesting read. There must be some truth to it otherwise it wouldn't have been reported in such detail. I assume it was an accident but did Berrer slam the door, not realising Grigor was behind him?

According to that article, Gigor's father is called, "Dimitar Gospodinov". Why does he have a different surname to Grigor? As far as I know, he's not his step-father.

that is because in Bulgaria we have 3 names and his father is more known with his middle name rather than his Family name. Gospodinov is quite unusual name while Dimitrov is VERY popular so the chances of having someone with the same family and therefore mistaken is much bigger if it is Dimitrov. Sometimes people start calling you on your middle name when there are too many say 'Dimitrovs' arround and one has to distinguish them. That won't happen with Grigor, though, there aren't many Dimitrovs in top 1000 ATP

Grigor's been lucky his middle name is also Dimitrov so his full name reads: Grigor Dimitrov Dimitrov

Grigor Dimitrov

Soderling Cilic Murray Gasquet Tsonga Wawrinka Kohlshreiber Fognini Berdych Haas Melzer F.Lopes Nieminen Pospisil Davydenko Baghdatis Mahut Bellucci Berankis Harrison Troicki

Sampras & Safin

most beautiful sports: volleyball and tennis

Last edited by nadejda : 09-29-2012 at 06:30 PM.
nadejda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote