MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - News and articles about David

View Single Post

Old 09-29-2012, 06:01 PM   #345
country flag Sophitia36

Sophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News and articles about David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo Kuerten View Post
Weird beatdown against Benneteau.

I think he is tired, I didn't want him to play here in the first place.
You were right. I know it's easy to say this afterwards, but, I am not David or his coach and I did not know how tired he really was.

I know I worry too much all the time, but still, I'm pretty worried about how he's going to end this season. Since the Olympics, his level has fallen very visibly...
In the US Open, he was still able to win really tough matches, even without playing his best tennis. But what I saw today... He just could not even do that anymore.

It looks like it started with physical exhaustion, but then his mental strength got him through... Now he seems mentally exhausted as well. I mean, he probably did not care that much about Kuala Lumpur, so the fact that he seemed quite detached could be explained by this. But still, it's so unusual for him to behave like this, almost as if he were a spectator of his own match and couldn't do anything.

Now he's already leaving for China... He'll play again there, with a much tougher line-up (Djokovic etc). And then, the Paris Masters, and the Davis Cup final coming up...
I really wish he could do well in the Paris Masters. And we know that the Davis Cup means the world to him. I really hope he can recover in time.

Well, let's see the bright side: at least, he won't have to play tomorrow, that's one more day of rest!
Sophitia36 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote