MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - American Young Guns (Top 10 Prospects)

View Single Post

Old 09-29-2012, 01:14 PM   #7
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: American Young Guns (Top 10 Prospects)

Random thought.

I think the lack of international junior competition is hurting American tennis. I feel that there are not enough junior itf tournaments in the states (and one wonders why there are not many Americans in the junior itf ranking). There are an average of 5-6 itf events per week in Europe compared to 1 or 2 a month here. And it is kinda funny how many of the girls have higher WTA ranking than their junior ranking for the same reason. Almost every American in the top 100 junior itf ranking trains with the USTA's player development program in Boca Raton and has funding to compete in international tournaments. Whereas, there are many juniors who are probably just as talented but don't have the same opportunity. More often than not, they opted for the college route b/c they are not sure if they can compete at the highest level due to the lack of international experience. And when you see these young college guys take down higher ranked players, people show disbelief and don't give them enough credit. Sometimes, if you want to fix the problems at the top you need to look at the root. It wouldn't hurt to have more int'l events, just a thought.

Tennis Account: https://twitter.com/ARhyneMoment
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/SapELee485
Rhyne's Picture Thread
Rhyne Williams FB Updates

Last edited by SapELee : 09-29-2012 at 02:14 PM.
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote