MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Johnny Groove's Top 69 Players Ever (Djokovic #21 of all time)

View Single Post

Old 09-28-2012, 10:47 AM   #1119
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Professor Johnny Groove's Top 55 players ever (Murray one slam away from making l

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanya View Post
I don`t think you should even pay attention to such posts.

Speaking about Borg - wasn`t good on hard, yep. I wrote here to Johnny that I personally put Borg even higher than Sampras.
I also put Borg higher than Sampras for being more "multi-surface" and facing tougher competition imo, but I can understand that the opposite is more commonly accepted, esp. because of longevity which is a factor I give less importance than many people, esp. about Borg because in my eyes, the fact that he "just wanted to benefit more from life" mostly explains his retiring (but I'm not sure how he would have performed with the change of the rackets comparing to what you suggested in your posts which I remember now : I have in memory his poor come-backs but maybe I give them too much importance as for him like for Nadal without any "fire of motivation" nothing is left).

As for "not paying attention to such posts", some of them are made by knowledgeable people who just didn't like one player ... and as I said, my problem with them is that youngsters read and believe them. I just want to deliver an information, that's what I like doing in forums : receiving and giving infos.