MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Federer : The Mother Of All Quests : 20 Slams And 100 Titles.

View Single Post

Old 09-25-2012, 05:51 PM   #1580
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer : The Mother Of All Quests : 20 Slams And 100 Titles.

Thanks for the stats, Masterclass.

By the way, Connors holds the record for most weeks in top-5 in a row since the creation of the ATP rankings : 659 weeks, that is 12 years and 7 months from the 24th of september 1973 to the 12th of may 1986, that is he went out of the top-5 only at 33 years and 8 months old ( http://www.tennis28.com/rankings/con..._top5etal.html )

Fed will reach 10 years in a row on the 17th of february 2013.

33 years and 8 months years old for Fed would be in april 2015.

659 weeks would be reached on the 5th of october 2015.

I think every Fedfan would be extremely happy if Fed stayed in the top-5 for that long, which would mean he would still be in the top-competition

If Connors did it, one can hope Fed can do it as well, although it's a huge goal.

More reasonably, Lendl's 588 weeks consecutive would be reached on the 26th of may 2014.

I have to say that's the best I wish for him, more than any other goal like winning slams or else that number of titles record which means hardly anything for me.

Last edited by duong : 09-25-2012 at 06:06 PM.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote