MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Rafael Nadal Injury/Health Update Thread : Nadal confirmed for Viña del Mar

View Single Post

Old 09-25-2012, 01:07 AM   #307
country flag DJ Soup

DJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Nadal Interview: "I hope you see me in Australia...cannot say for sure"

Quote:
‘I can’t pretend not to play on hard courts when two of the Slams are on hard courts, but there is a mistake with our game. You don’t watch footballers playing on a hard surface, or basketball players, those sports with rapid movements. ‘It’s not going to change for me and my generation. Hard courts are very negative for the body. I know the sport is a business and creating these courts is easier than clay or grass, but I am 100 per cent sure it is wrong. I may have to play more on clay than before but there aren’t that many options.’ Andre Agassi once claimed Nadal’s vigorous playing style meant he was ‘writing cheques that his body can’t cash’. He has proved the likes of Agassi wrong before; many will hope he does so again.
No, fuck you man. Fuck you Nadal. YOU play a game that's hard on the body. It's YOUR fault. People's been saying it before. Talented players that don't stress themselves much on the body don't get injured because of hard court. You selfish bastard. What are you claiming for? More clay? Even more homogenisation of the courts? No bloody way man. Can't believe this guy.
Selfish as it gets.
Jesus.

argh. What a jerk.
DJ Soup is offline View My Blog!