MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Rafael Nadal Injury/Health Update Thread : Nadal confirmed for Viña del Mar

View Single Post

Old 09-25-2012, 12:36 AM   #301
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Nadal Interview: "I hope you see me in Australia...cannot say for sure"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanya View Post
A moment, weren`t it you who wrote today that he might play even at DC final in doubles? I thought that AO is guaranteed then.
Well, the DC story seems to be rumours from Spain with no quotes. This is a legitimate interview with Nadal. That said, I'm pretty sure he'll be in Australia barring some catastrophe. It will have been 6 months since he's played - still more than 3 months left - this injury may be slow but that should be enough for it to heal.

Just think he's being cautious and doesn't want to set an exact date but quite clearly will do everything possible to make it to the start of the 2013 season. Toni has said too that they hope to get 2 months of solid practice in before Australia. For now he's not been doing anything on a tennis court - the key question is when his doctor clears him to do that - hopefully by next month, but guess it depends on what those weekly scans show. I think the chances of him not being in Australia are very slim.
Ash86 is offline View My Blog!