MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Who will win the 2012 Davis Cup Czech Republic vs. Spain? (Berdych having some fun)

View Single Post

Old 09-24-2012, 07:49 PM   #114
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2012 DC Final CZE - ESP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
I think the Czechs would be idiots to play Stepanek instead of Rosol against Nadal though. Fact is you might as well throw Rosol out there and let him ballbash and see what happens, it's unlikely he'll rise to the occasion once again, but I would still give more hope to that than Stepanek even getting a set.

Anyway would be hilarious to see Nadal showing up for DC just for the doubles. Still a good Spanish team though, I definitely fear Lopez more than Ferrer on a fast court, especially for Berdych.
Yeah I can see that argument. Rosol probably has a 5% chance of winning while Stepanek practically none. So might as well try Rosol. My low assessment of Rosol hasn't got much to do with Nadal, who one would expect would not be in the best form and playing fast indoor hardcourts is his worst nightmare anyway, but all to do with just how bad Rosol has been lately. Then again, the indoor conditions might suit his ball bashing and it could all fall in place.

Think ESP will be hoping they can win without the fifth rubber - win the doubles, win Stepanek/Ferrer and Berdych/Ferrer. The last one is tough but not impossible - you just never know which Berdych will turn up.
Ash86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote