MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Qualifying Draw

Thread: Qualifying Draw
View Single Post

Old 09-24-2012, 03:03 AM   #11
country flag J99

J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qualifying Draw

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
yep, you get 6

I know, but usually when you get a walkover it's in the 2nd or 3rd or etc round and you've already beaten someone yourself. In this case he didn't, he got a Bye, and then a walkover.

But in other qualifying draws that I've seen where the top seed gets moved into the main draw they remove his name from the qualifying draw and replace it with a bye. So in that case it's Bye, Bye, loss, and no points, but they didn't do that in this case.

I didn't answer my own question, I made a statement about what it's normally like with a withdrawal but this is not a normal withdrawal, even though that's what the draw sheet says.
Right, ok.

The only reason he got a bye was because not enough players signed up for the draw, so it's not the same as a normal MD bye anyway, of course he gets the PTS, it works the same as if he got a w/o in a main draw I think.

How do you know they did not do that in this case, you won't know until the rankings are updated if he got the PTS.

TT stats site: http://mtftt.info/

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Janowicz, Kohlschreiber, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters, but firstly just the game itself.

Last edited by J99 : 09-24-2012 at 03:09 AM.
J99 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote