MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

View Single Post

Old 09-23-2012, 03:05 PM   #744
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
I am happy he's still successful and has shown such resilience and ability to adapt but I started watching and admiring his game because I love the way he played back in 2003-2005/6. Now even his game has gone somewhat boring, otherwise he just loses. It's so frustrating. Dubai was such an enjoyable tournament this year.
Yup, his game was definitely more exciting back then. The need to adapt definitely made it more boring.

Dubai was not a super fast hardcourt, but it was the fastest we had this year for sure. There were some really good matches, particularly liked the Federer vs Del Potro semifinal.

I really enjoyed the Madrid tournament; although I believe such surface shouldn't be introduced on clay, but on hardcourts, it was nice to see something different for a change. The semis with Berdych/Del Potro and the final with Federer/Berdych were very enjoyable matches, as were some of the early round matches namely Fed vs Raonic. I didn't like seeing a clay tournament play like that, but it's good that there was at least one tourament that rewarded serving and shotmaking over defense and movement.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote