MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

View Single Post

Old 09-23-2012, 04:44 AM   #725
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Lenders you are getting as bitter/redundant as some of the nostalgiatards around here who still think S&V on 90's grass is the only way to play the game. Also pretty presumptuous to assume who is "real tennis fan" and that they "want things to change". I think many people enjoy epic matches of today with many momentum shifts instead of "lol that guy had one bad service game, he just lost the set".
It's not the only way to play the game, but it's one of the many ways to play the game.

I have nothing against the kind of matches we see today per se. Grinding contests can actually be enjoyable, except when they happen in every single surface and tournament. What I want is not for that kind of tennis to disappear, but for it not to be the only kind of tennis.

Only serve & volley tennis would be just as horrible. What I and most tennis fans want to see is variety, different surfaces favoring different playing styles. In such scenario, the top players would be the ones able to adapt their game the best to the variety of surfaces and conditions, and not the ones who simply excel at one particular aspect that happens to be rewarded all year long.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote