MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

View Single Post

Old 09-23-2012, 04:40 AM   #723
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
I thought more people hate the top 4 than vice versa I guess not It seems like a marketing strategy that only 6 year olds would fall for We need a revolt, and we need one now!
Among 'real' tennis fans, I'd say yes definitely. I don't hate the top 4 per se, just the ridiculous hype they get and the preferential treatment at the expense of everyone else. If they were able to remain a stable top 4 with a schedule comprised of diversified surface speeds and conditions, then they'd be worthy of the hype. There's hardly anything fawn worthy about being a better baseline grinder than everyone else.

Most sports fans are like 6yos though, they just bandwagon whoever is on top at the moment, they don't need quality tennis, just a superstar figure to vicariously live through.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote