MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

View Single Post

Old 09-23-2012, 04:23 AM   #716
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
I said the top 4 are cash cows, not the sport in general. I agree men's tennis is probably losing (genuine) fans, not everyone can put up with pushathons everywhere. But by hyping up four players to superstar status at the expense of everyone else and the sport in general, the ATP are making huge profits.

Don't you remember to which lengths the organizers were to make sure Ferrer and Berdych had no chance of winning their semis at the USO? Tennis isn't more popular than ever, but the 'Big 4' is. Everything must done to milk that cash cow for all it's worth, and given how one dimensional 2/3 of them are slowing the courts down more and more to make them as immune to upsets as possible is the way.
Still confused as ever. I honestly know very few people who wouldn't want the top 4 to lose their positions at the top. So therefore keeping them at the top and advertising to death will just give us more exposure to them and therefore lose interest in them faster (which many have already) So because generally speaking not many people like the top 4 anymore, how exactly are they making money?

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote