MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

View Single Post

Old 09-23-2012, 04:06 AM   #710
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
The way it is now, every condition has been virtually controlled apart from the sun and the wind at outdoor events. They are trying to do this well but since they make so much money financially with the marketing that this is so great, when the surfaces are virtually the same. It's 101 Marketing and Spin "accentuate the positives and hide the negatives". Since they can virtually guarantee the top 4 at these events make better sense.

Nadal playing on one of those ice rinks would be funny, but if he was good enough then he'd win there as well.
I fully agree with this. Which is part of the reason I can't take the 'Big 4' hype seriously at all. If these players are really the cream of the crop and so far ahead of everyone else in terms of talent and ability, they should be able to show it in every kind of conditions instead of boycotting/whining/losing early as soon as there's even the slighest change in conditions/speed (ie Madrid this year).
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote