MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Who will win the 2013 Davis Cup and Draw Dicussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 09-19-2012, 02:56 PM   #51
country flag uxyzapenje

uxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who will win the 2013 Davis Cup and Draw Dicussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Man Frank View Post
I don't think you would be. I don't see Tipsy necessarily winning a tie so it would rely on Djokovic to win both and a doubles win. Obviously Zimonjic is world class but would whoever you pair him up with be a much better combination that what the Spanish could offer? Doubtful.
We got 2nd best no2 behind Spain and best no1 player (Murray not in the world group, Rafa - who knows?, Roger is not taking DC too seriously, so no question about that). And Spain (and Switzerland if we both get to the final) would have to come to Serbia so we pick the surface and have home crowd behind us. Novak would favourited to get 2 points and in DC at home Tipsarevic plays his best matches, I would favoure him over Ferrer. Anywhere else, Ferrer would be the favourite, but in Belgrade on indor hard with home crowd behind him, I would pick Janko. And we have 50-50% chance in doubles, I would say we are the favourites overall. And knowing Rafa, maybe he won't even play till eventual final, so Janko would have to beat Almagro (Verdasco).

Worst case scenario, we would be no2 favourites and you can't say that no2 favourites are 'dark horses'.