MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Who will win the 2013 Davis Cup and Draw Dicussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 09-19-2012, 01:24 PM   #45
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who will win the 2013 Davis Cup and Draw Dicussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Man Frank View Post
What sort of surface do you think they'd play the Czechs on? Can't decide myself. I guess indoor hard? I'm not too familiar with the sorts of surfaces available to them.
I think indoor hard, because they have no permanent indoor claycourt and last year, they realized after the tie against the USA that it was very tough to make a proper one for that time of the year because of the coldness in Switzerland.

Moreover, this year, the tie will be the week after the Australian open and not one week later, and Fed will probably prefer playing on a indoor hardcourt at this moment.

But I think they would choose a slow one, as it's better for Wawrinka and worse for Stepanek.

Wawrinka often gives problems to Berdych by the way. He leads the H2H 5-4 (3-4 on hardcourts, 0-3 indoors)