MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The Wire is the best TV-series ever

View Single Post

Old 09-18-2012, 08:43 PM   #13
country flag Nr 1 Fan

Nr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Wire is the best TV-series ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat__boy View Post
David Simon spent a year with the Baltimore Homicide Division, which he wrote a book on. That became Homicide: Life on the Street. Then he wrote another book, which became a miniseries called The Corner. Check these out too if you like The Wire.

Also, it caused me to burst out laughing many times. From Clay Davis, to Bunk, Brother Mouzne, etc ,etc.

As Nr 1 Fan says, this isn't an action packed cop show. It's strengths are its realism, depth and densely populated world. It is very deliberately paced and plotted.
I've got 'Homicide' laying on my desk as we speak and I am plannig on reading it as soon as I've finished the show.

It had humour indeed, but IMO It's very dark and cynical humour, as the characters (especially the cops) ask themselves what the point is of what they do, because it is all so corrupt and 'the game never changes'.

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO
DAVID GOFFIN - NOVAK DJOKOVIC
MILOS RAONIC - JERZY JANOWICZ
STANISLAS WAWRINKA - JOHN ISNER
Nr 1 Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote