MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 2013 World Group draw

View Single Post

Old 09-18-2012, 11:38 AM   #1
country flag smucav

smucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2013 World Group draw

http://www.daviscup.com/en/news/latest-news.aspx
Quote:
PRESS RELEASE
12 September 2012
Draw for 2013 Davis Cup by BNP Paribas to be held on Wednesday 19 September

The ITF announced that the Draw for the 2013 Davis Cup by BNP Paribas will be held at the London offices of title sponsor BNP Paribas on Wednesday 19 September at 11:00 local time (10:00 GMT).

A total of 130 nations have entered the 2013 competition, with the top 16 nations contesting the World Group and the other nations taking part in one of three regional zones: Americas, Asia/Oceania and Europe/Africa.

The line-up for each group in 2013 will be confirmed after this weekend’s Davis Cup ties on 14-16 September, which include the two World Group semifinals, eight World Group play-offs and eight zone group ties. In the World Group semifinals, Spain host USA in Gijon, and Argentina are at home to Czech Republic in Buenos Aires.

The seeds for the 2013 Davis Cup Draw will be based on the latest ITF Davis Cup Nations Ranking of Monday 17 September, although the two finalists in 2012 will automatically be the top two seeds in the 2013 World Group.
http://www.daviscup.com/en/news/arti...-cup-draw.aspx
Quote:
18 Sep 2012
Seeds announced for 2013 Davis Cup Draw

The Draw for 2013 Davis Cup by BNP Paribas is being held in London on Wednesday 19 September at 11:00 local time (10:00 GMT).

There are a total of eight seeded nations in the World Group with Spain and Czech Republic, as this year's finalists, heading up the seeds.

The other seeds for the World Group and all Zone Groups are based on the latest Davis Cup rankings, which were published yesterday.

The draws for Americas Zone Groups I and II, Asia/Oceania Zone Group II and Europe/Africa Zone Group I will also take place.

However, the draws for Asia/Oceania Zone Group I and Europe/Africa Zone Group II will be held following the remaining play-off ties on 19-21 October.

World Group

The eight seeded nations are:

1. Spain
2. Czech Republic
3. Argentina
4. Serbia
5. France
6. USA
7. Croatia
8. Kazakhstan

The seeded nations will be drawn against the remaining nations:

- Austria